Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them
what counts is best. ~ Bob Talbert


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some Thoughts ...

Just prior to the Christmas break, a colleague blessed me with a reading recommendation: Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson. I am one of those people who loves to learn from the wisdom of those who have gone before me and thoroughly enjoyed the insight of the Clarksons.

As I spent time reading, I felt God speaking to me in the area of peace. Peace within my home. Peace within my relationships. Peace within my conversations. Peace within my attitude.

Right alongside the desire for peace was the reminder of my need for Grace.

Daily Grace.

Grace to make it peacefully through this day, this week, this term, this year.

In God's perfect timing, He had another fellow colleague send me an email that directed me to this beautifully written excerpt on how to maintain Peace within a homeschooling home. I encourage you to take some time when your home is quiet and your mind is still, to read these words of encouragement: How to Parent: Just Guide Gently

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. ~ 2 Thessalonians 3:16

1 comments:

Edwena said...

This is my first time to your blog. It's very pretty. I just ordered Educating the Wholehearted Child and can't wait to get it. Nice to meet you.
Edwena from FIAR