Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them
what counts is best. ~ Bob Talbert


Monday, June 2, 2008

Tidbits and Tips: A Homeschooling Binder

Every homeschooling parent needs a "homeschooling binder" - a place to stash (I mean carefully organize) all the homeschooling paraphernalia that inevitably will come your way. Paraphernalia that you don't want to throw into the recycling because you just might need it. . . one day.

I have recently designated a lovely orange binder to be my official homeschooling binder. I already have a few homeschooling tidbits that need a home. Some of the tidbits are from a homeschooling convention that I attended in the Spring. The other resources are outlines from some of Susan Wise Bauer's convention workshops - nuggets of information about instilling the love and skills of language into children at the K-4 level.

The cover of my homeschooling binder houses my personal homeschooling convictions. As well, I plan to include some of my favorite Bible verses relating to the training, discipleling, and raising up of my children.

Blessings!

0 comments: